Alliance of Anime Forums

Alliance of Anime Forums
Yippee!

Supernaut Says Music!

By Supernaut
Music is an important part of our culture and society, so we should expect our favorite shows and games to feature some good music. Sometimes they do not, and that is where good games are separated from great games. Lets take a game like the Halo franchise and replace the very well done classical compositions of that game with some punk rock in its place. That wouldn’t fit at all not to mention you may feel like the game developers made some sort of silly mistake. It can ruin the rhythm in games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

In anime, it very often features a similar musical composition to fit its kind. For example, 'cutesy' animes often have that same upbeat kind of J-pop tune to them, which has no noticeable difference. But if I put a heavy song from Death Note it makes the show feel entirely different. Music is a powerful influential tool and it is absolutely horrid when someone on YouTube decides to do a really bad video to a really good song, it ruins the song for a while.... Same can be said for the opposite effect, a song you might not like by itself, you may like if it is associated with a cool video. To those of you out there, if you are going to make an AMV please think about the show you're using and what music you pick. I have seen some amazingly funny videos using comedic songs ripped off movies, but if it used incorrectly it can really piss me off. As for my taste in music, I like the music in most shows so long as it fits the mood of the theme. My personal opinion regarding anime would be Hellsing and Trigun have the best musical taste. Hellsing has a more blues/rock feel to it but Trigun is a rock/grunge feel in my opinion, to me, this is most important.

In videogames the music can make me love it even more that I would without it. I enjoy games like Mercenaries 2, but the music in that game is just so unexciting that I don't even know I'm having fun half the time. That does not mean it's a ruined 'open-ended' game; however, for most games like Gears of War the music is extremely important to me. The Gears music is competent, but sometimes it feels like I'm playing an awful horror movie from the 80s.

Of course we can’t end without a music review! We get one song today....And that is Zero the Hero by Black Sabbath; from their Born Again Album.It is my hands down favorite song of Black Sabbath after Ozzy left the band. The mood has a dark feeling and the guitar has an almost deadly pitch to it. The lyrics are decent, but I am not sure what they are about for the most part, but it fits nicely.


~ Supernaut
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

Alliance of Anime Featured Playlist